Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas 2009

We had a very fun Christmas this year, the kids were so excited to open their presents and really got into it.

At 3:40 a.m. Christmas morning Cameron came into our room so excited saying, "Santa brought us some cookies and an empty glass." (We had forgot to put cookies out the night before so Darin thought it would be cute to have them out in the morning with a bite out of one of the cookies. He even swished eggnog around in a cup and dumped it out.) Cameron just layed in our bed and couldn't get back to sleep for another hour and a half because he was so excited!

We took lots of videos but no pix. Maybe I'll upload one.

Usually Darin and I make each other something for Christmas....but it has gotten pretty hard to do that, usually because we run out of time! This year Darin thought it would be cool if he had a master list that we had to follow under a limited budget. This is what we had to get for the other person....


1. Something that relates to our first date. (I got Darin a gift card for the movies and OJ. He got me OJ.....On our date he shoved OJ into his pockets and we snuck them into the movie, Pearl Harbor. We went to the 8:00 a.m. showing....he had a friend who rented out the theater...eight years ago. WOW)
2. Something that relates to our first year. (for him...Uno cards and a frisbee that changes colors from Del Sol...a place we went to in San Diego...we went to Cali a lot our first year. He got me Uno Cards, we played so much Uno our first year it's not even funny!)
3. Something that relates to our most recent year. ( a small plastic bear...I made it into an oranament, it represented Bear Lake which we went to 5 times. For me BYU apparel, we went to the BYU/Utah game...and had a blast together.)
4. A food that the other person has never had but you think they would love. (I got him chocolate covered ginger treats...he got me Edamame, I had them before but not the way he cooked them for me.)
5. One item that best represents your spouse. (Darin got me White Daisies, I got him a Super Bouncy Ball....it represented what a super husband, super dad, super awesome, super talented, super sweet guy etc and so forth....that Darin is.)
6. One item in your spouses favorite color. (Darin got me winter boots in the color that I love of them....they are so awesome! I got him blue shorts.)
7. A practical item that your spouse would use almost every day. (Darin got winter gloves because he really needed them, he got me a recipe folder and organized my recipes...it was really cool.)
8. Something that your spouse didn't know even existed. (Darin got a grapefruiter, it's really cool and he loves it because he eats grapefruit everyday. We could never find any grapefruit spoons. He got me a foot warmer for my feet, it blows warm air and it's perfect for winter because I'm always cold.)
9. Something that brings you closer together. (Darin gave me a date to the Temple and Kneeders lunch. His is a secret )
10. Something that your spouse would love but the whole family would enjoy as well. (Darin gave me a Wii game.... and he got snow tubes to pull around with the four wheeler.)



We had a ton of fun... and it became one of our favorite Christmas's.

2 comments:

Gwilliam House said...

Thanks for sharing! I love this idea. You guys are so awesome.

Cami said...

That's a lot of gifts! Fun! I would love to see the recipe organizer - that sounds very useful.